What do the works of
reveal to us?
This discovery guide invites teachers and their students to learn about the work of Jean-Pierre Perreault.
The artist’s immense choreographic legacy is explored through selected excerpts from his dance works, as well as images and writings featured in the virtual exhibition Jean-Pierre Perreault, Choreographer. We hope that the guide’s learning activities will inspire teachers in their role as transmitters of culture to their students.
This educational package is divided into two types of activities: dance appreciation and movement creation.
The downloadable worksheets may be used in the classroom or studio and the exercises can be adapted to the specific needs of each class.
The worksheets contain stimulating activities that meet the requirements of the dance training program of Quebec’s Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur.
- explore the imaginative world of choreographer Jean-Pierre Perreault
- understand his creative process and choreographic language
- discover his unique aesthetic
- use his work as a springboard for creative activity
- develop a personal, critical assessment of his work